Teaching & Learning
The Junior School curriculum is carefully structured to cater for the diverse academic, social, emotional, physical and spiritual needs of our students. We believe our students are life-long learners – our curriculum, teaching strategies, assessment and reporting and day-to-day interactions with others model and reflect this.
All boys in the Junior School are encouraged to:
- Develop fully their academic, intellectual, social, emotional, spiritual and physical abilities
- Think critically and creatively
- Develop a life-long enthusiasm and respect for learning
- Show respect, courtesy and compassion towards others
- Show initiative and develop qualities of leadership within the school and wider community
- Make morally informed decisions derived from exposure to a variety of ideas and opinions
- Develop a global perspective and the ability to adapt to change.
Special attention is given to the basic skills in Numeracy and Literacy at all levels and in all areas of the curriculum. The ability of the boys to communicate with others competently and correctly, in both oral and written language, is of major importance. Classroom programs and organisation enable boys to develop independent and collaborative work habits. They learn to work together, sharing ideas and solving problems in a caring, supportive environment. Boys are also encouraged to keep physically fit and to make the best use of their leisure time.You can still access the main menu here.