From August 22 – 24, Westminster School’s Michael Murray Performing Arts Centre was the centre of the 2018 South Australian School Band and Orchestra (ABODA) Music Festival.
Our boys competed in graded sections which were adjudicated by some of Australia’s most well respected musicians and conductors. The adjudicators consider the merits of the various band and orchestra performances and award gold, silver and bronze awards accordingly.
It has been several years since Saints has participated in this event and our School bands and ensembles performed exceptionally with the following awards received:
- Jazz Band won gold in the Junior Stage Band division
- Middle Concert Band won silver in the Junior Concert Band division
- Senior Concert Band won silver in the Advanced Concert Band division
- Stage Band won silver in the Intermediate Stage Band division
- Big Band won silver tonight in the Advanced Stage Band division.
Congratulations to everyone involved and to the entire music department under the leadership of Philip Walsh, Director of Music.