Class of 2018 IB Results
Following the release of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma results this morning, I am pleased to share with you the outstanding results of the St Peter’s College cohort.
Twenty-four students achieved their IB Diploma in 2018 with six students gaining more than 40 points out of a possible 45, placing them with an ATAR of 98.85 or higher. Congratulations to our top achievers, David Quan (44, 99.85), Difan Deng (43, 99.70), Nikolas Glynatsis (42, 99.40), Aaron Wu (42, 99.40), Simon Staal (41, 98.85) and Sathyajith Sukumaran (41, 98.85).
A summary of the overall IB results is included below:
- The average score out of a possible 45 is 35.4. This compares very favourably with an international average for IB students of 29.9.
- The median ATAR for St Peter’s College IB students is 93.45
- 34 merits (a perfect score of 7) were awarded to 15 students, 21% of all grades
- 50% of all grades were a 6 or 7
- 78% of all grades were a 5, 6 or 7
- Of the 24 IB students:
- 4 (17%) students gained an ATAR of 99 and above
- 6 (25%) students gained an ATAR of 98 and above
- 10 (42%) students gained an ATAR of 95 and above
- 16 (67%) students gained an ATAR of 90 and above.
The following students achieved an A for their Extended Essay.
- David Quan
- Difan Deng
- Martin Daenke
- Chisomo Banzi
The following students achieved an A for Theory of Knowledge.
- Nikolas Glynatsis
- Martin Daenke
- Liam Costello
- Hamish Tugado
The IB Diploma Program is an enriching and challenging two-year journey and I congratulate our students on these results which are indicative of their hard work, passion and tenacity. These results would not have been possible without the many people who have supported our IB students on their journey, notably parents, guardians and staff. Please join me in thanking our dedicated teaching staff, mentors and Heads of House who have equipped, empowered and challenged our Year 12 IB students to achieve their best.
On behalf of the St Peter’s College community, I extend best wishes to the 2018 Year 12 IB students for the next stage of their lives.
A full breakdown of combined SACE and IB results and the announcement of the Dux for the Class of 2018 (combined IB and SACE) will be published at the conclusion of the IB enquiry upon results period, in late January.
I wish you and your family a happy New Year.
Mr Tim Browning