2017 Year 12 IB results released
St Peter’s College is delighted to share the International Baccalaureate (IB) results for our 2017 Year 12 students.
There were twenty-nine students eligible to complete their IB Diploma in 2016-2017. We are very proud of the outstanding results achieved with more than a third of students achieving forty or more points out of a possible 45. Isaac T was the top student gaining 44 points, resulting in an ATAR of 99.85; Reuben S gained 43 points, resulting in an ATAR of 99.70; followed by Oliver M, Daniel M and William P all on 42 points, with an ATAR of 99.40.
A summary of the results are as follows:
- The average score out of a possible 45 was 35.2, which results in average ATAR of 93.45. This compares very favourably with an international average of 29.94 for IB students.
- 38 Merits were awarded, which is for a perfect score of 7.
- 20.3% of all grades were a 7.
- 51.9% of all grades were a 6 or 7.
- 80.7% of all grades were a 5, 6 or 7.
Of the twenty nine students:
- 5 (17%) students gained an ATAR of 99 and above
- 11 (38%) students gained an ATAR of 98 and above
- 14 (48%) students gained an ATAR of 95 and above
- 18 (62%) students gained an ATAR of 90 and above
The IB is an enriching and challenging two-year journey for our students and we congratulate the entire cohort for their results.