We are incredibly proud of the comprehensive Music Education available to all students in the Junior School. Details of the program offered to the students is outlined below.
- Every student from ELC to Year 6 has Class Music every week with a specialist music teacher.
- Students may elect to learn an instrument on a 1:1 basis with one of our visiting instrumental specialists from Year 1 onwards.
- Those learning an instrument are strongly encouraged to be part of the rich and vibrant ensemble program.
- Each class receives weekly lessons. Year 3 boys experience the String immersion program and Year 4 boys are involved in the Year 4 Band Program as part of their weekly lessons.
- Every boy will be involved in a year level concert at some point during the year.
- Please add these dates to your calendar:
- ELC Christmas Celebration – Thursday 2 December, 11.30am, Junior School Hall
- Reception Nativity – Wednesday 24 November, 5.30pm, Junior School Hall
- Years 1 and 2 Concert – Wednesday 8 September, 1.30pm and 6.30pm, Memorial Hall
- Year 3 Concert – Wednesday 27 October, 6.30pm, Memorial Hall
- Year 4 Concert – Thursday 18 November, 6.30pm, Memorial Hall
- Years 5 and 6 Annual Concert – Tuesday 22 June, 1.30 and 7.00pm, Memorial Hall
- Students choosing to learn an instrument will have 16 thirty-minute lessons every semester with a visiting instrumental specialist.
- Some students opt to prepare for and subsequently sit AMEB exams. This is negotiated with their instrumental teacher.
- Every student learning an instrument has the opportunity to perform a solo at a Chamber Recital, hosted by their instrumental teacher, in Term 4.
- The ensemble program at St Peter’s College is very well resourced.
- All boys are encouraged to be in a band, orchestra, choir, or other musical group.
Click here to view the list of ensembles, with rehearsal times and criteria, available to the students.
A few more points for your reference:
- Visit the Music Tuition Form on Keystone if you would like to enrol your son for instrumental lessons. There are spaces available with some of our instrumental staff
- We encourage the students to have lessons at school so we can track their progress and include them in ensembles that are suitable. Having two teachers for an instrument is not recommended.
Junior School Music Staff
- Mr Philip Walsh Director of Music email@example.com
- Mr Simon Varga Junior School Music Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Katie Carey Music Teacher and Choir Director email@example.com
- Mrs Sharon Morley Strings Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs Anthea Charlton Junior Music Administrator email@example.com
- Mr Brad Turner Bands Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr Andrew Chatterton Choral Coordinator email@example.com
I trust that this information is helpful to you.
Please visit this link to access the Music at Saints homepage. Here you will find additional information including fees, instrument hire, policies, and procedures.
Junior School Music Coordinator