The boys in Years 5 and 6 took part in the Junior Orator competition in Semester 1. They were required to write and deliver a short speech about one of the following subjects:
- Plants have feelings too
- How we look is unimportant, its what’s on the inside that counts
- The most important lesson of my life so far is…
- The world is a smaller place these days
- If I could design a school…
- What I’ve learnt from cartoons
- The importance of saving money
- Things I’d never eat…
Two students were chosen from each class to compete in the year level final. The speeches were meticulously researched and were carefully written and presented with confidence and clarity.
Congratulations to Year 5 winner Emerson Cooper (Year 5), and Year 6 winner, Jack Pillay (Year 6).
Head of Junior Years – Learning and Teaching Excellence