The Australian Band and Orchestra Directors’ Association (ABODA) competition results are in and we are pleased to congratulate the following ensembles on their achievements:
- Junior Concert Band Section – (St Peter’s College Junior Concert Band – Gold award and overall winners)
- Junior String Ensemble Section – (St Peter’s College Junior Strings – Gold award)
- Junior String Ensemble Section – (St Peter’s College Year 1 and 2 Strings – Silver award)
- Advanced String Ensemble Section – (St Peter’s College – String Orchestra – Silver award)
- Open Orchestra Section – (St Peter’s College – Orchestra – Silver award)
In this year’s ABODA Festival we had two string ensembles enter in the Junior String division: Palm House Strings, comprising boys in Years 1 and 2 and Junior String Orchestra with boys in Years 3, 5 and 6. Both ensembles recorded their pieces in Week 5 this term. There were seven schools entered in the division and we are thrilled with the results achieved by both ensembles with Palm House Strings taking achieving a silver award and Junior School Strings awarded a gold award.
The Junior School Concert Band recorded their pieces in Memorial Hall in Week 6 of this term. We are delighted with the result of the band being awarded Gold and Overall Division Winner. Well done to all the boys who are part of this ensemble.
The Senior School ensembles are to be congratulated as well. Senior School Strings were awarded a well deserved silver placing in a division of 11 schools and Senior Orchestra were also awarded a silver placing in a division of five schools – both fantastic achievements.
Wonderful achievements across the School and I congratulate all musicians and staff involved.
Director of Music