The process for selecting St Peter’s College Student Leaders for 2022 will commence next week. Year 11 students will also receive information about this process by email.
The selection process, which is overseen by the Senior School Leadership Team, involves an interview for all students who submit an application. A consistent template is used for all applications. Interviews are conducted by the Heads of Houses, followed by voting by staff and students. The voting provides an indication of support only, and other relevant factors are considered in the selection process.
Each House selects a House Captain who will sit on the Prefect body. Approximately, a further six students will be selected as School Prefects. Each House then selects up to four additional students to fulfill the roles of a House Prefect.
With a limited number of leadership positions available, there will be students who experience disappointment. Our support of unsuccessful candidates is a key pastoral consideration of the student leadership selection process.
The selection process aims to be open, transparent and fair to all applicants.
- Wednesday 8 September (Week 8) – deadline for application letters, to be addressed to the Head of House and submitted in hard copy no later than 3.30pm
- Monday 13 September (Week 9) – each candidate will be interviewed by his Head of House and another Senior School staff member
- Tuesday 14 September (Week 9) – House meetings when boys will vote for their House Leaders
- Wednesday 15 September (Week 9) – Senior School students will vote online for School Prefects (over a 24-hour period)
- Friday 24 September (Week 10) – leadership decisions communicated to boys
The key selection criteria will be:
- Commitment to the School’s values of Truth, Respect and Service
- Positive contribution to the School
- Demonstrated prior leadership
- Service Learning record
If you have any queries about the process, please speak to your son’s Head of House or myself at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Head of Senior School – Students