Year 12 SACE results
I am very pleased to be able to share with you the results achieved by our Year 12 SACE students.
We had 135 students complete the SACE this year at St Peter’s College and, in summary:
- 9 (7%) students gained an ATAR of 99 and above
- 17 (13%) students gained an ATAR of 98 and above
- 36 (27%) students gained an ATAR of 95 and above
- 61 (45%) students gained an ATAR of 90 and above
- 85 (63%) students gained an ATAR of 80 and above
- 34 merits were achieved for a perfect score in a subject
The median ATAR for St Peter’s College SACE results is 88.0. The overall median for all Saints students will be reported after the release of the International Baccalaureate results in early January.
These are wonderful achievements and we are very proud of the Class of 2019. The SACE results are indicative of the hard work, passion and tenacity that our students have displayed throughout the year.
In particular, we congratulate our top 10 achievers:
- Angus Ritossa (99.90)
- Thomas Panayiaris (99.90)
- Andrew Chen (99.85)
- Harrison Hughes (99.75)
- Aaditya Mangla (99.75)
- Eric Zhou (99.55)
- Sam Potter (99.55)
- Kush Goyal (99.40)
- William Warrick (99.30)
- Wenbo Wu (98.95)
We also recognise the achievements of Shiva Mukherjee who obtained an ATAR of 98.95 as a Year 11 student.
I would also like to congratulate students who earned a merit in one or more of their subjects. A merit is given to a student who the SACE Board deems has demonstrated exceptional achievement in a subject. Attaining an A+ in a subject is a prerequisite, but does not guarantee a merit; merits are reserved for the very best students in a subject.
- Lachlan Bellifemine (English)
- Hugo Cavill (Research Project)
- Andrew Chen (Physics, Chemistry and English Literary Studies)
- Oliver Craig (Research Project)
- Charlie Dowling (Research Project)
- Joshua Dunstan (Ensemble Performance)
- Kush Goyal (Music Performance and Modern History)
- Harrison Hughes (Research Project)
- Anuk Kariyawasam (Economics)
- Charlie Kirchner (Accounting)
- Jack Lee (Economics and English)
- Aaditya Mangla (Physics)
- Henry Minson (Accounting)
- Thomas Panayiaris (Mathematical Methods and Chemistry)
- Sam Potter (Chemistry and Accounting)
- Timothy Prince (Accounting)
- Angus Ritossa (Physics, Mathematical Methods, Chemistry and Specialist Mathematics)
- Philip Rocca (Accounting)
- Kareem Shahin (Modern History)
- William Warrick (Research Project)
- Eric Zhou (Mathematical Methods and Physics)
We are very proud of our students and know that there are many people who have equipped and empowered them to achieve so much, notably their teachers and mentors. Our staff work with great passion and skill throughout the year to support our students and I am incredibly grateful to the teachers, mentors, Heads of House and other staff who have journeyed with our Year 12s.
I would also like to acknowledge the many years of care and support provided by parents, with whom we have established a strong partnership. I thank and commend everyone involved in helping our Year 12 students achieve their best.
We look forward to the publication of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma results in early January 2020. Please note that a number of Year 12 SACE students undertook an IB subject as part of their program. As such, these students are yet to receive their final ATAR and so their results will change slightly in January. In January we will report on the full combined results and announce the Young Exhibition for the Dux of the School.